Spirits are not merely an option or tool to be utilized when the magician deems it necessary. Spirits are the very heart and soul of all magick. A consecrated talisman has a spirit attached to it that contributes to the talismans power, the incantations we use work because the spirits heard them and acted. We are not alone when cast cast our spells; our patrons and familiars are always present present casting the spells with us.
Throughout history, ritual offerings have been the central pillar of all magick and religion. Very often, a magickal ritual consists of nothing more than the making of a prescribed offering to a particular spirit in a specified time and place, yet here in the West, the making of an offering has been equated with the worship of the spirit receiving it. The act of offering a spirit something as payment for services rendered has a close association with the dreaded “pact with the Devil,” by which a magician surely sells his soul to damnation, but to the rest of the world an offering is intended to feed and empower a spiritual entity, and to pay it fairly for its aid.
The art of making proper offerings to the spirits is a complex one, rife with strict protocols and warnings, but if you take the time to learn this ancient and powerful art, it will supercharge your magick like nothing you’ve experienced before.
Strictly Limited to 1000 numbered copies and filled with over 280 pages of essays and actual photos of author’s ritual altars, Ritual Offerings unites twelve practicing occultists who share their knowledge and experience with this fascinating and important subject. Traditions from around the world such as Solomonic magick, Tibetan Buddhism, New Orleans and Hatian Voudou, Western Hermetic Theurgy and more are discussed in great detail. Regardless of your tradition, Ritual Offerings will guide you in feeding your patrons and familiars safely and effectively and contribute to our overall success and growth as a practitioner.
- Aaron Leitch: Introduction: Magickal Offerings in Western Occultism
- Aaron Leitch: Liber Donariorum: the Book of Offerings
- Zadkiel: The Elements of Making Offerings: The Offering as Sacrifice
- Bryan Garner (Frater Ashen Chassan): Whispers from a Skull: Lessons in Spiritual Offerings from a Conjured Familiar
- Brother Moloch: Ancestors & Offering
- Frater Rufus Opus: The Back Yard Path toward the Summum Bonum
- Denise M. Alvarado: Ritual Offerings in New Orleans Voudou
- Jason Miller: Severed Head Cakes and Clouds of Dancing Girls: Offerings in Tibetan Buddhism
- Nick Farrell: Offerings in Roman Deity Magic
- Sam Webster, M.Div., Ph.D., founder OSOGD: Offerings in Iamblichan Theurgy
- Chic Cicero and Sandra Tabatha Cicero: Ritual for the Declaration of Maa-Kheru
- Gilberto Strapazon: Offerings in Ceremonial Magick and African Traditional Religions