This is a limited hardcover of the BABEL edition of only 700 hand numbered copies. Book is in very good plus condition. Light handling otherwise in fine condition.
Our civilization is in crisis. As we confront ecological collapse, political control, wars of terror, and wars on consciousness, we are seeking emergence from this state of emergency. XVI proposes gnostic strategies for liberation. Some will consider this a dangerous and inflammatory book, it is. These provocative essays from the most radical contemporary occult thinkers reveal a creative and passionate engagement with the world. Attacks on our freedoms can lead to freedom, the sudden enlightenment, the lightning path and the initiatory crisis that the tower also represents. XVI seeks to raise magickal awareness of the unique times we find ourselves in, whilst being open to the resourcefulness and indomitable nature of the human spirit to find solutions and responses to it. This is magick attuned to the zeitgeist. Sex, drugs, art, initiation rites, calls to arms, ritual actions, aeonic plans, revolutionary witchcraft and apocalypse converge in XVI.
Comprising sixteen (and one) original and significant essays:
1) John Michael Greer – Magic and the End of History -The shape of time, the myth of progress and the fall of civilisation.
2) Ramsey Dukes – XXXII, Not One Tower But Two – The forbidden pleasures of 9/11 and the fight for freedom.
3) Carl Abrahamsson – Everything Must Go…On! – Metaprogramming the future through art.
4) Eric K Lerner – The Tower – Shango, santeria, phallic magick and the tarot.
5) Raven Kaldera – Being the Change – The path of a transgender plant shaman, from permaculture to bdsm.
6) Michael Idehall – The Tower of Babel – Qliphothic initiation on the averse path and the astral realm.
7) Peter Grey – Seeing Through Apocalypse – John Dee, Babalon, brain chemistry and apocalypse denial.
8) Dr George J Sieg – Occult War for the Aeon – Aeonic warfare from IOT, OTO, ONA to Evola and the church, as civilisations clash.
9) James Wasserman – Defeating a Vile Threat – Advocating patriotic Thelemic resistance to attacks on our liberty.
10) Hafiz Batin – Orgy in Matter – The spiritual warfare of an Ismaili gnostic in the West.
11) Dr Dave Evans/Francis Breakspear – Twin Infinities – Chaote on Crowley, car crashes and identity crises.
12) Stephen Grasso – Things Fall Apart – Fighting dystopian doomsayers with Vodou.
13) Kyle Fite – Falling into Fire – A journey through Burroughs, Blake, Hesse, Crowley and Bertiaux.
14) Julian Vayne – The Ecstatic State – The war against some drugs and the ritual use of toad venom.
15) Orryelle Defenestrate Bascule – The Tower Crashes – Direct artistic intervention, babble babel, and theatrical ecological action.
16) Peter J Carroll – Eschaton – The godfather of Chaos magic enchants for the Eschaton.
16 +1) Alkistis Dimech – Coup de Foudre- Woman and revolutionary witchcraft from the Sabbat to collapse, from Michelet to Jack Parsons to now. XVI is a call to arms!